Kingdom Friendship Card
This friendship card is just one of those simple Christian greeting cards I usually made for Christians who are sick or just need cheering up. This particular handmade greeting card with an encourage scripture verse was created for a church sister.
The Joy of the Lord
I only used two rubber stamps; a flower rubber stamped design and a Christian rubber stamp message - "The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:40
Nehemiah 8:40 is a great encouragement scripture verse to use in Christian handmade cards. This rubber stamp is from Our Daily Bread Designs.
Making This Friendship Card
Our Daily Bread Designs has so many other encouraging bible verses. I have only a few of their stamps. When I need a verse that I do not have a stamp, it is easy to create your own words on the computer by using Microsoft Word and some decorative font. Click here for free fonts to download.
Here are the card making tools and supplies for making this friendship greeting card with step-by-step directions.
Card Making Tools and Supplies
- 8.5" x 5.75" white cardstock
- cling stamp message: "The Joy of the Lord is your strength." scripture verse - Nehemiah 8:40 by Our Daily Bread Designs
- rubber stamp image: gossamer - 3965K by Penny Black
- Caran D'Ache Neocolor II Water-soluble wax pastels watercolor
- glitter glue - Ice Stickles (lemon ice) by Ranger Industries, Inc.
- memento fade-resistant dye ink pad - rich cocoa color
- acrylic block
Card Making Instructions:
- Trim and fold white cardstock to make a blank card base.
- Ink the gossamer flower rubber stamp with rich cocoa memento ink and stamp on the right front of white card standing horizontally.
- Mount "The joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:40 cling stamp on an acrylic block.
- Ink the scripture message stamp with cocoa memento ink and stamp on the left of white cardstock.
- Pick up colours from the wax pastel with the watercolor brush.
- Make sure you rinse your brush in between colours.
- Colour the image.
- Add glitter glue onto the centre of each flower.
I used bright pink colors on the flowers for this friends card but you can use another color; for example soft buttercup color or light blue if you want it to be a 'with sympathy card'.
Make a batch of them in different color themes so that you have them ready to use whenever the need for one arises.
Friendship isn’t a big thing;
it’s a million little things.
Help Me Spread the Word!
If you like and are blessed by the articles in A Simple Christian and
believe that others can benefit from them, then please help me share
this website with your friends.
Just click on the share buttons below to tell your fans and friends.
Thank you for sharing the good things in life. God richly bless you with
His manifold blessings:-)
Top of Friendship Card