Happy Birthday Cards with Bible Verses
Extra-special happy birthday cards with prayerfully chosen scripture verses as part of the card design make Christian birthday greetings meaningful and to be treasured.
Below are two Christian greeting cards made by hand with printed paper and die-cuts.
this is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Psalm 118:24
Birthday Cards #1
The card pictured above is more appropriate for a young woman but might also be suitable for older women because of the card design and color combo.
Card Supplies Used:
- Orange color textured cardstock 4.5" x 12"
- Scrapbooking paper: The Music Stack by DCWV 3.5" x 5.5"
- White color card stock
- Vellum 3" x 3"
- Sizzix Bigz Di : Card, Scallop (655419)
- Spellbinder Shapeabilities - Floral Doily Motifs
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine & Kit
- Martha Stewart Crafts deep edge punch - garden trellis
- QuicKutz Die: Scallop Circle 3"
- Corner rounder
- 2" Circle punch
- Memento ink pad: Tuxedo Black
- Stampendous clear stamp: this is the day
- Double-sided foam tape
- Double-sided tape
Card Making Instructions:
- Die cut orange color textured card with Sizzix's scallop card die.
- Score scallop card and fold at center.
- Round right corners of scrapbooking paper.
- Adhere to front of scallop card with double-sided tape.
- Punch out the trellis, trim to 3.5" length and stick onto the left side of scrapbooking paper with glue.
- Die cut scallop circle with white cardstock.
- Die cut vellum with Spellbinder die and emboss.
- Ink scripture verse stamp with Memento ink and stamp image on white cardstock.
- Punch out verse with 2" circle punch.
- Apply glue to back of punch out verse and adhere to center of vellum die cut.
- Use strips of double-sided foam tape on back of white scallop circle and vellum die cut.
- Assemble by attaching vellum to white scallop circle and then onto the front of the scallop card.
- Refer to picture above for placement.
Birthday Greeting Cards #2
Here's one that has the same scripture verse but having a more modern design with swirls and stars. Great for young girls or boys.
The print paper is from the The Music Stack by DCWV (Provo). What I did is rubber some orange color ink onto certain part of the swirls to bring out the design and trimming and cutting out the stars and using double-sided foam tape to lift up the elements thus giving the card a 3D effect.
Don't have Scripture verse on a rubber stamp? You can easily create the bible verse on a Word document and print out onto white cardstock.
For a whole list of Card making Tips, check out this page.
Psalm 118:24 Christian Birthday Greeting Cards
Help Me Spread the Word!
If you like and are blessed by the articles in A Simple Christian and
believe that others can benefit from them, then please help me share
this website with your friends.
Just click on the share buttons below to tell your fans and friends.
Thank you for sharing the good things in life. God richly bless you with
His manifold blessings:-)
Top of Birthday Cards with Scripture Verse